Sunday, July 02, 2006

Linens, rugs, bedding, furniture-OH MY!!!


I made my first trip to Ikea the other day! WOW! What a great store, but it is set up a little weird, must be a swedish thing. First up go upstairs to the showroom to view all of the merchandise then its downstairs to locate it. Both the upstairs and downstairs is like a maze of rooms. I spent nearly 3 hours weaving through the maze. There is everything you could ever think of for the home. If you need storage ideas, this is the place. And the prices are good too. I bought Lizzie an art easel. She loves it. Ikea does have a play area for kids that are potty trained. The smaller crowd is forced to go through the store with lots in it and little they can touch!! So if you go, try solo and just a friend or two. Bring plenty of patience, its still pretty busy! But it was great, now I'm trying to figure out when I can go again!!

2 comments:

michelle said...

maybe Vince and I will head up there to check things out! Always wanted to know what was sooo special about Ikea! On amazing race one season they had to put together a desk or something to get the next clue. I saw them on the news when they first opened. Big hoopla! Vince's sister worked there for a bit (outsourced) cause it was opening week!

Four-Leaf K' lover said...

It really is a cool store. We have the plates, bowls and plasticware from there and it really is durable and cheap. I am going to make time to go soon.