Monday, February 26, 2007

A day at the museum



On Saturday we took a little family field trip to the Museum of Natural History on U of M's campus. This was a very cool little museum. It is the perfect size for little people. One floor has artifacts from the dinosaur era. There were a couple of large dinos that were Lizzie's favorites. The next level had displays of critters that live in Michigan-in the water, woods and air. The upper floor has a little hands on section as well as a planetarium. I would recommend this museum for young ones (Tim and I enjoyed it too!). It was not too busy like I would imagine the Hands-On Museum would be this time of year. And of course, once you can find a place to park, its always fun to be on campus!

2 comments:

michelle said...

We love to go up there and spend some time! The dinos are cool. I love museums. Lori told me of a coffee shop that is in Chelsea called the treehouse I think. It is designed for little ones since I guess there is a tree house in it. Very cool just too bad they did not have that stuff when my kiddies were little.

Unknown said...

We always talk about going to the muesum but we never have. Maybe we will be more motivated to go now :)